Deborah Bouvy & Maxime Meert were present at the Techstars Startup Weekend in Brussels last December for the first edition about Artificial Intelligence. In 56 hours they developed “a pre-consultation assistant platform for medical professionals” and even won the 2nd place with this innovative project!
As Hederians, we are passionate about entrepreneurship, innovation and technology. Thus this event was a unique opportunity to team up with awesome people while co-creating innovative businesses that use and empower Artificial Intelligence to contribute to solve social problems.
Hackathons are no longer exclusive for coding challenges! More and more companies (public and private) are using hackathons as a way to
- Provide added value to society and to accelerate the creation of new products and/or services
- Unleash creativity
- Rapidly test big ideas through prototyping
- Attract new talents
- Speed up change and cultural transformation towards customer focus, agility, cooperation and engagement, innovation and sustainable performance.
Not only companies benefit from hackatons, also you as an individual should experience it at least once in your life! So read are 5 top reasons why you should participate:
- First, you will live a real human experience. You can have the best idea ever, but it’s not a one-man-band. The team and teamwork is vital during hackatons: you will not be able to deliver a prototype in 56 hours without a multidisciplinary team of talents and skills and most important without any trust and collective intelligence.
- It is a great opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and learn a lot about yourself.
- You will feel empowered by trying something new and gaining new skills & increasing your knowledge about a specific domain. Developing a solution that makes sense, facing a tough time constraint, will prove to yourself that you are capable of anything.
- You will develop your persuasive power by keep on pitching your idea all weekend long! Not only to your group, also to the public!
- It’s also about having fun! Whether you are in the winning team or not, you will feel joy and immense pride for all what you will have accomplished as an individual and as a team!
Most important, at the end of this journey, you will have met a broad range of top talents and great coaches, but you will also make new friends or maybe even make partners in crime for new entrepreneurial adventure. So, be sure to bring your open mind, your strong desire to have fun and your business cards!